The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) seeks applicants for its 2016-2017 Communications fellowship. Working on a small team, the fellow will write news releases, blog posts, and announcements about ADHO, its constituent organizations, and the broader digital humanities community; monitor and update ADHO’s social media presence; maintain its website; help to develop and implement ADHO’s outreach strategy; and perform other communications-related responsibilities. The Communications fellow should anticipate spending approximately 3-4 hours per week on the position. The fellowship comes with a small annual stipend of 600 Euros. It is well-suited for graduate students who wish to develop deeper knowledge of digital humanities, contribute to an important digital humanities professional organization, and gain experience in social media and communications.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- fluency in more than one language
- excellent written communication skills
- knowledge of the digital humanities community
- expertise in social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- experience creating content using Drupal or another content management system (such as WordPress)
- good graphic design and multimedia editing skills
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- attention to detail
To apply, submit a CV or résumé, a brief writing sample, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Hannah Jacobs, chair of ADHO’s communications committee: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is May 20, 2016. Two positions will be available. The fellowship will run from June 15, 2016 to June 15, 2017.