The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) invites submissions of abstracts on any aspect of the digital humanities for its annual conference. Digital Humanities 2014 will take place in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 6-12, 2014.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- humanities research enabled through digital media, data mining, software studies, or information design and modeling;
- computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including electronic literature, public humanities, and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- the digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and related areas;
- the creation and curation of humanities digital resources;
- social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities
- and the role of digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
The Program Committee particularly welcomes submissions on interdisciplinary work and new developments in the field, and encourages proposals relating to the theme of the conference, “Digital Cultural Empowerment.”
Presentations may include:
- posters (abstract max of 750 words);
- short papers (abstract max of 1500 words);
- long papers (abstract max of 1500 words);
- multiple paper sessions, including panels (regular abstracts + approximately 500-word overview);
- and pre-conference workshops and tutorials (proposal max of 1500 words)
Paper/Poster/Panel deadline: 11:59pm GMT on Friday, November 1, 2013
Workshop proposal deadline: 11:59pm GMT on Friday, 21st February, 2014
Practical information for workshops and tutorials organization: Preconference workshops can be organized for Monday 7 July 2014 and Tuesday 8 July 2014 in the new EPFL SwissTech conference center. They can last a half-day or a full-day, entailing different costs (1 CHF = $1.05 in July, 2013):
- Half-day workshop with 30-70 participants without lunch but with a coffee break: 30 CHF / participant
- Full-day workshop with 30-70 participants including lunch box and 2 coffee breaks: 65 CHF / participant
Thank you to Elisabeth Burr and the ADHO Multilingualism/Multiculturalism Committee colloborators for providing the twelve versions of the call.